Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Meeting

When I first met Takki he came out of the trailer with his ears and tail up. His chest was puffed out and he looked like he was ready to take on the world. I offered to take him over to have a potty break and Lyda let me have his leash. He pulled quite a bit, but he is a Siberian. I love boy dogs they are sooo easy to potty. He went right away and wanted to go immediately back to Mom.
We had some people come up to us in the parking lot to meet the dogs. Takki was a little shy, but mostly the gentleman seemed hesitant so Takki was reflecting his behavior.
When we got home (a 5 hour drive) he came into the house very timid. He seemed almost frightened of everything, but now he's settled in and trying to explore everywhere. He hasn't met my dogs yet (there playing outside right now). He did meet one of my cats, she hissed at him and he immediately backed off.
He's being tethered to me while he's out of the crate. We went for a quick walk in the neighborhood before it got too dark. He keeps looking at me like "Who the heck are YOU!"

No comments: