Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Guy, the lap dog

Apparently Guy is afraid of thunderstorms. That's the only reason I can come up with why he thought he was a lap dog tonight. I got home from work about 9 and let the dogs out in the back yard. It was spitting a little, but nothing major it was warm outside and my dogs were running around. Guy kept digging at the back door to go inside. I thought he wanted to go after the cats.
Guy has now decided that hunting cats is much more fun than just catching sight of them and barking. He uses his nose and will track them--he would be a very good tracking dog!
When I let him in, I came into my office to do a little work on the computer and it began raining harder. Guy came up and put his front paws in my lap. That's fine, I took the opportunity to clip his front toenails and groomed him a little. Then he decided that the back half had to come up also. He hooked his rear toenails into my thigh and began to climb, much like a rock climber. Needless to say I made quite bit of noise and he stopped trying to climb up.
After that I told to get off and lay down. He's laying in between my feet and my desk. This is normally where Quinn lays to stay out of Danny's way.
The thunderstorm is the only thing different from the last few Tuesday nights where my routine is pretty much the same. At least his front toenails are nicely groomed and so is his head and shoulders.

No comments: