Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guy meets the pack!

We took Takki home, he missed Lyda badly and she missed him. I now have Guy (pronounced Gee) a beautiful Terv and Bazz is back at my sisters. When Danny and Guy first met on leash, Danny had some difficulty handling it, he lunged and chested Guy and overall acted like an idiot. They rode home together, Bazz and Guy in crates and Danny seatbelted in the backseat. Danny growled a little at first, but settled down just fine.When I got home, I just threw all of my dogs (and Guy) out in the back yard.Danny was fine with him in the yard and Guy fell madly in love with Missy.I don't know what it is, that fuzzy white tail over her back or her little brown eyes in all that white fur, but the boy's do fall head over heels for her. He couldn't stop chasing her and positively bouncing (think Pepe lePew). Poor Quinn who thinks Missy's his girl, kept splitting them apart.He didn't go after Guy, just tried to get Missy to pay attention to him.When I called the dogs in, Guy ran off to a corner of the yard. I did shoo him and after a lap or two he decided to come when called. I haven't had a problem outside with him not coming when called. Guy is being tethered tome for a while inside; we're still having a bit of a problem with recalls inside.

No comments: