Thursday, April 10, 2008

Switching dogs

Takki went to stay with my sister last week and I now have Bazz. I've heard that Bazz is not a well behaved dog, but so far I really haven't seen it. He's much more respectful of Danny than Takki was. The first time he was let out in the yard off lead, he didn't want to come in. We did one lap in the backyard and suddenly coming inside is far more important than anything else the backyard has to offer. He's met my dogs, but I haven't allowed a lot of contact with them. Tonight though I let Quinn and Bazz out together. It's been raining and the backyard is a mud pit. The boys loved it. They ran and wrestled and overall had a grand time. When I stepped out to call them, the came running! He's not gone through any food issues with me, but I've been hand feeding him. Each time he gets a handful of food, I take a hold of his collar. Siberians are very good at dodging the reaching hand (bad monkey!) and/or slipping collars and Bazz and Takki are no different. We're also working on Down-stays. Stays are my dogs weakest exercise, so poor Bazz keeps getting caught up in the 'stay vortex'. IMHO Takki seems more dominant and 'harder' than Bazz including being much less cuddly.

No comments: